Sunday, March 28, 2010

Khafre

Took this before seeing my photo-partner's post. In synch again. Khafre is my girl - she summoned me years ago. Wanting a dog, I began learning about different breeds to see what doggie temperament fit well with how I live. I stumbled across the description of an affenpinscher and fell in love! But when I looked into getting a puppy I couldn't find a local breeder and affen pups on the Internet were much more expensive than I could swing (besides, I couldn't bring myself to have someone else pick out a puppy and ship it up to me on an airplane...).

Eventually I let go of getting a puppy and opened my heart to adopting an adult dog. There was an ad in the paper for giving a dog a second chance and a "lifetime home." I called. The lady on the other end of the phone listed the dogs in need of a home: Boston terrier, lab, affenpinscher. I'm so grateful that Khafre called to me and waited it out until I found her.

No comments:

Post a Comment