Saturday, March 13, 2010

candlelight II

Truth be told, when it gets to this hour of the night and I haven't yet taken a pic for the day... I end up sitting at the same table (the one where I have candles lit near constantly) and snap something that's close by.

Another confession while I'm at it: tonight I was at a performance of local singer/songwriters and I didn't take one picture though my camera was with me the whole time!!!!! It was a great night - quality music, great personalities, and beautiful opportunities for engaging photos. And I chickened out. Didn't take even one surreptitious photo. Damn. One of the things that photogaming has taught me is that every moment passes. Photography is based on two things: light and timing. And you can't repeat the moment. Nope. When it's gone, it's gone. That's the tough love of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment