Saturday, March 6, 2010

First Tastes of Spring...

I noticed these daffodils earlier in the week and admired them every time I drove by. Our first sign of Spring! Yippee! Today I finally decided to stop the car and get a picture of these wonderful flowers before they got past their prime. I got out, positioned myself so the sun hit them just right, lined up the shot, snapped............ then realized that they are fake! Stuck in the ground just like the real thing, but definitely not real. Too funny!

Later in the day I spent my time engaged in yet another Spring pursuit, dismantling our ice rink. We had funky weather this winter so our ice was very weird all season. We didn't realize how much until we broke it up today...the entire thing was formed into giant ice crystals - 6" high. It shattered into wonderful geometric displays - just had to snap a few thousand pics...
So two Spring entries for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment