Thursday, November 5, 2009

My work IS the mountain

It was a beautiful morning as I drove up into the foothills of the Chugach. The sun hadn't crested over the peaks, but was just about to. The light was captivating. I pulled my car off to the side of the road, walked around camera poised. Couldn't find the shot. And I'm back to my One Shot, No-Re-Take rule. Ended up just getting back in the car. I was already late for work.

I wanted the mountains today. That is it, that's what I wanted. But while working I caught a glimpse in the mirror. I loved the color of my gloves against the spray bottle (I hadn't thought about their colors before that moment).

I hope to live long enough to get that One Shot of the mountains. But at least how I spend my days is recorded here.

No comments:

Post a Comment