Sunday, November 1, 2009

Four days in one?!

Despite being a professional web designer, I will admit that I am new to blogging. Probably a good thing for me to get some experience with, or perhaps not. I tend to be a bit compulsive and I definitely don't need another thing to be obsessed with! However, I am always game for new creative ventures, so we'll see how this goes....

Technically we are at day three of the 365 project, and yet I already have four pics to post. I was out the day before this adventure started and loved one of my pics, so I decided to start a day earlier (unbeknownest to Avie). So what are they? Here we go....

Oct 29 - we have an old fashion steam train in our town, folks come from all over the nation to take a ride. Seems a bit strange to those of us who live here because while you do periodically get some nice views of the river, the ride mostly takes you past the backs of all the local businesses. I will say it is neat, though, to hear the train whistle (all over town) as the train putters through the local intersections. I was crossing over the tracks to take a hike at a local nature trail. No train today, but I do hope to catch in on another day. I liked the trees and the endless tracks...

Oct 30 - No pretty way to say it, this is the view from my pot. Sat there contemplating my life and well, was sorta inspired to take a pic from that thinking spot. I do spend an awful lot of time there....seemed appropriate :o)















Oct 31 - I am playing yet another photo game (besides photo 365) with Avie and my husband Patrick and the deadline for that particular game is the end of each month. This day was D-day for Patrick - he was frantically trying to get his submissions together having procrastinated all month. I had one more to take as well but the problem was we both had the exact same idea. So this is me taking a pic of him, taking a pic of our similar idea. Have to understand the other game in order to truly get this pic, but that game did take up a lot of our day. In the end, neither of us used this idea. We didn't like that we had both thought of the same thing and both went for OTHER ideas.








Nov 1 - Relatively mild today and with all the kids soccer commitments canceled due to H1N1 making the rounds, we decided to take our water ski boat out and run all the fuel out of the tanks. Ethanol pits the tanks and eats the rubber gaskets as well as promotes healthy mold growth over the winter, so the boat is an absolute mess come spring. New theory is to empty the tanks completely versus the common wisdom (before ethanol) of filling the tanks 95% for winter storage. We'll see next spring if the new theory works.

No comments:

Post a Comment