Thursday, October 7, 2010

Interrupted

I have been seeing these furry caterpillars a lot lately, but they are so quick that they are nearly impossible to catch in a macro. I finally caught up with this one as it was sprinting across the driveway. As soon as I picked it up on a leaf it played dead. Once I put the leaf back down, it was off and running again. Apparently has very important things to do...like eat my trees?

Was in the process of covering up the camper for the winter, when out tumbled a family of mice from the folded up cover. There was much frantic scrambling as mama & poppa tried to scurry away with as many of their offspring as possible. There were too many for them to carry. Dad escaped with one, but the rest I transferred (including Mom with babies still attached to her teats) and put them near a rock pile in the yard. Hopefully the shock won't kill them all. This is a picture by proxy (my hand) because I was too busy trying to catch them and save them to take pics...Kelly helped me out in the picture taking department.... :o) Probably shouldn't show this pic to Patrick since he regularly traps the mice who take up residence in our attic. I figure these are outside where they belong so exempt from the rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment